Monday, August 30, 2010

Fall in love



Isn't that a great title, I just used it for my sister's bridal shower because she is getting married 10/10/10. Her shower turned out really great.

I really love fall. It is my favorite season. There are so many wonderful things that I just adore about the new fresh season. Let me list them for you....

1. The cooler weather - I have stomach issues and can't be out in the hot weather. It's like sitting a glass of cold milk out in the sun. It's only a matter of time before it becomes spoiled. Now drink that milk, how does your stomach feel now? Exactly!

2. The colors
3. Apple Cider or Pumpkin Spice (Soy) Lattes from Starbucks




4. PUMPKINS - I am a huge pumpkin lover. I love little ones, small ones, orange and white ones. I love them so much that now anytime Gracie sees a pumpkin she gets all excited and yells for me.


5. Brown County - If you don't live in Indiana, then I am sorry. But don't you have a favorite wooded town you just love to pass by because it has so many neat shops with good food and fun all within walking distance. Danny and I are already planning a date night to go and eat and spend some time down there.


6. Sweaters - I love to wake up in the morning, put on a light sweater, open the door, drink my coffee, and just smell the crisp air.


7. My Birthday - It's in October

8. Halloween - I don't like scary things but I do like dressing up. I don't think I have ever missed a year (last year I was the office Sheriff). And now that I have little ones I love dressing them up. For 2 weeks now Gracie, Lilly and I have been looking at my Fall 2010 Halloween Costume magazine. Yes that's right, I get a costume magazine. Don't judge. Well now we are torn between Gracie being Spider Girl with Lilly being a cute and furry Spider or both of them being Minnie or one Minnie and the other Daisy. ( Side note: I still have my Minnie suspenders from when I has about 7 or 8)



Gracie's first Halloween - she was a lady bug




9. Pumpkin Pie - My mother in law makes the best homemade pumpkin pie. It's true. It's so good I even eat the crust, which I never eat.


10. Bonfires - I love to sit outside next to a bonfire, in my sweater, roasting marshmallows. That to me is the perfect end to a perfect fall day.


Are you excited for the Fall season? What is your favorite thing about Autumn ?

3 comments:

  1. Oh.... I love, love, love your blog. It's so enchanting. Yes, that is the word... it's so well... YOU..and that makes it pefect.

    I am now one of your followers.

    ~ Lisa ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all my favorite things too! Except for the Starbucks- because I have never been to one in my life....ooops- wait I did, in Chicago- forgot about that. But, my stomach is like yours and we were having to depend on a train schedule and a hotel that was 45 minutes away so I just had water :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a summer girl myself, but think that fall is an awfully great consolation prize! I, too, love pumpkins and anything pumpkin flavored from Starbucks. One of my favorite things about fall are the crisp leaves and the way they crunch when you walk through them. And that smell they have... ah, so nice! Now, if we could just skip winter I'd be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete