Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013


 
Happy 2013 everyone. I love New Year’s. It is a great time to start over. To start that new diet and be healthier. To be nicer and kinder to everyone you meet. To set goals. To reinvent yourself and to work on the things you neglected in the year before. More importantly it is a fresh start. I made two resolutions for myself and two for the girls. I thought about making Danny’s but then again he can probably make them on his own. If he can’t then I of course will help him. ☺

My new year’s resolutions are:

1.    To read a daily devotional. My mom gave each of us kids a devotional book from her church. Each day there is about a page and a half of reading. It starts from Matthew 1 and by the end of the year you have read the entire New Testament. What a great goal, right. I am only two days in but really enjoy it. My boss also has the same book b/c he goes to the same church and he and his family are reading it together. So now we can hold each other accountable. (PS. I love have a Christian boss. It was probably my biggest blessing of 2012)

2.    Increase my 401K. Now I know that seems boring but I am going to be 30 this year. I need to grow up and act like an adult. Plus my company matches what we donate. I won’t even miss what I am donating since it is taken from my gross pay. Well maybe I will now that our Social Security tax when up 2%. Oh well that is life!

The girls also have two resolutions:

1.    To eat better. No more buying the girls special foods like ravioli, spaghetti o’s, making plain peanut butter sandwiches or ramen noodles for their own special dinner. Whatever I make for dinner they will also eat (with little adaptation). The first night we had stir fry. Lilly of course loved it. Gracie gagged a little bit but did a good job of eating half a bowl. Day 2 was tomato soup and sandwiches. Danny and I had grown up grilled cheese with turkey.  Now I knew the girls wouldn’t like the tomato soup and on this instance I would have made chicken noodle but we were out. I did make them try it thought. Again Gracie gagged but said it was just ok. Lilly didn’t like it at first but the starting eating it out of the serving bowl. Lilly had a grilled cheese and Gracie had a turkey sandwich. She even went back for more turkey. I am tired of them filling up on fruit cups, yogurt and fruit snacks. They need to widen their palate. Danny and I love lots of different types of food and I want them to be the same way.  I know Gracie will give me push back but it is good for them and good for me.

2.    To read a daily devotional for kids. The girls love going to church. Everyday Lilly asks me what we are going to do. She always asks, “Is today church day?” She loves her class and loves the other children. It is so precious to Danny and me. They also love reading so combing the two is a great resolution for them.

So do you have any great resolutions? If not, don’t worry and don’t feel like you have to start today. You can start whenever is right for you. And if you need me to help you make your resolution well just ask. Just kidding. ☺(call me, whispered*)

No comments:

Post a Comment